Downtown Dollars (Information for Businesses)
The Downtown Dollars program is a simple gift certificate program that unifies and promotes the Downtown Santa Cruz business community, and continues to be a success! People are purchasing them, and spending them at participating businesses since 2008.
Downtown Dollars each have a $10 value and are accepted around Downtown Santa Cruz in exchange for $10 worth of goods and services.
Here’s how your business can participate:
– Accept Downtown Dollars at your business. It’s FREE to participate! Download the Agreement Form HERE and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org
All Downtown Dollars used at your business will be redeemable through the Downtown Association of Santa Cruz at 100% of face value. By signing up as a participating business you will be included in the promotional materials surrounding the program, and customers will be encouraged to spend at your business. Each participating business will be given a small display sign indicating their participation. You will be reimbursed for the full value of all Downtown Dollars you receive, just email: email@example.com to receive a check.
– Buy Downtown Dollars. Purchase them yourself, use them as bonuses for your employees, thank you gifts for your faithful customers, or however you choose to take advantage of the program. Downtown Dollars can be purchased at Bookshop Santa Cruz, Pacific Cookie Company, and at the Downtown Information Kiosk.
– Be creative. Think of special promotions in conjunction with Downtown Dollars and we’ll help promote it.
*We have extended the expiration date of those Downtown Dollars that have an expiration date. If your business accepts any of these, we will still reimburse your business the full face value of these Downtown Dollars.
To Redeem Downtown Dollars: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 831-332-7422 x3
Questions? e-mail: email@example.com or call 831-332-7422 x3
Downtown Dollars are valid and redeemable for goods and services at participating businesses for stated value. Merchant participation and product availability subject to change at any time. Downtown Dollars cannot be redeemed for cash or used to purchase other gift certificates. Downtown Dollars cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Downtown Dollars cannot be used or redeemed towards previous purchases. Merchant may give store credit or cash for remainder of any purchase less than the value of the Downtown Dollars being used. All sales subject to terms of participating merchant.
Downtown Dollars is administered by the Downtown Association of Santa Cruz.
INSTAGIFT (Digital Downtown Dollars)
Instagift is administered by Instagift and you will receive a check directly from them, monthly, for any redemptions.
Here is the Instagift information and sign-up form for your business:
Gift recipients would hold up the gift card on their smart-phone, and you (the business) would redeem it directly from their device (similar to how Groupon works). Instagift has created several resources to explain this program in detail:
1. Program Overview One Page – http://insta.gf/santa-cruz-
2. Two-minute Redemption training Video – http://insta.gf/santa-cruz-
3. The current Instagift site is up. You can view it here: https://
Please review these resources with your staff, and make sure to ADD your business to the Instagift List HERE to participate:
INSTAGIFT SIGN-UP FORM
You can also email Instagift directly with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us know if you have any other questions: email@example.com