- This event has passed.
May 16 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Learn to design and assemble a sweet little book and decorate it with your own hand-carved stamp! Use it as a journal or sketchbook or planner.
Registration: Must register in advance online at https://www.allhandsworkshops.com/events/2019/5/16/handmade-journal
In this workshop, we will:
– create and carve a custom stamp pattern
– stamp the covers that will be used for their journal
– assemble the pieces
The following supplies are included:
– a journal kit, with covers, book board, cloth spine and a text block
– carving rubber
– carving tool
– book glue
You can bring:
– If you like, bring some simple patterns or designs to carve on your stamp. We will also discuss how to choose a pattern to carve. Wear clothes you don’t mind getting messy – we’ll be working with paint and glue.
You will go home with:
– an assembled, personalized book
About the instructor:
Doña Bumgarner is a life coach, mama, and maker who works with moms who know that there is much more to life than mothering – but they’ve lost track of what that more is. Their life hasn’t turned out quite like they intended, and they are just trying to keep up and keep everything running. She helps them unearth their passions and step back into their fierce, powerful selves, so they can live a life far bigger than just being Mom. You can connect with her on Instagram and Facebook, or subscribe to her podcast, Nurturing Habit.