- This event has passed.
Mini Weavings Workshop
February 10 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Mini weavings are a fast and fun introduction to the art of weaving. In this 2 hour workshop, you will create a unique mini and learn weaving techniques that can be applied to bigger projects.
Registration: Must register in advance online at https://www.allhandsworkshops.com/events/2019/2/10/mini-weavings
In this workshop, we will:
– learn all about warping the loom and starting your weaving with style
– discover how to select fibers to create different effects
– master tabby, basket and soumak stitches
– get creative by changing colors and creating shapes
– add interest with rya knot fringe
– understand finishing techniques
The following supplies are included:
– tapestry needle
– warp thread
– variety of yarn
– driftwood for hanging your cute creations
– *looms are available for purchase after the workshop
You can bring:
– Plenty of yarn is included, but feel free to bring some from home. Mini weaving are a great way to use up scraps.
You will go home with:
– a finished mini weaving, tons of inspiration and the skills to make more woven wall art. A variety of looms will be available for purchase if you want to go bigger!
About Stephanie Michelet
Stephanie is an educator, fiber artist and the creator of The Nourish Bowl. She holds a master’s degree in education and leads creative workshops with a focus on encouragement and support, the freedom of exploration and a beautiful finished product.