- This event has passed.
Valentine’s Day Prix Fixe Dinner
February 14 @ 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Join us for an irreverently romantic evening with a menu fit for the queen or king in your life. The menu from Chef Jess Yarr is inspired by “A mid-century housewife whose kitchen bible is The Joy of Cooking. This year it’s time to spice things up. She is letting her hair down and liberating herself from the recipes. She’s putting a creative twist on the classics. She may even have a copy of The Joy of Sex.”
Choose one item from each course:
– Route 1 Beet Borscht w/ beluga lentil, dill creme fraiche and coriander flower
– Prawn ceviche and Avocado Salad w/ Daniels’s kumquats, finger limes, endives, and champagne vinaigrette
– Steamed Salt Spring Island Mussels w/ Calabrian chili jus and housemade rosemary focaccia
– Duck a l’Orange Meatballs w/ barley risotto, mustard greens, and roasted baby Chioggia beets.
– Cocoa Braised Beef Short Ribs w/ rapini and celeriac puree
– Sand Dabs A La Meunière w/ Parisian gnocchi, caramelized parsnips, caper berries, Meyer lemon and shaved black truffle
– Wild Mushroom and Gruyere Crepes w/ butter fried cauliflower and toasted hazelnuts
Dark Chocolate Truffle Cake w/ crème fraîche and blood oranges
Pistachio Custard w/ sweet red rose rhubarb, meringue kisses, shortbread crumble and Bearss lime sorbet
Sorbet Trio from The Penny Ice Creamery
Make your reservations today at: http://assembly.restaurant/reservations