Calling All Artists, Designers, Engineers, Creators and other Makers of Magic.
The Downtown Association invites you to submit a proposal for the Second Annual Downtown Santa Cruz “Pre Am” Mini golf tournament. We are looking for 18 mini golf course hole designs to be paired and installed in 18 stores in Downtown Santa Cruz.
Designers and design teams will work with the Downtown Association staff and representatives of the specified location to create a mini golf hole specific to each location. Installation time will be limited and available space will vary depending on location and design.
The Downtown Association will provide a stipend of $500 to help with material cost and there will be a “Golfer’s Choice” cash prize for the most popular hole.
The holes will be open to the public on the weekend of February 2nd and 3rd, 2019. Funds raised from the event will support the work of the Downtown Association to bring accessible family friendly events and activities to Downtown Santa Cruz and to maintain a safe and vibrant environment.
Dec 28th Submission Deadline
Jan 4th Entries announced
Feb 1st Installation in host spaces
Feb 1 PRE-AM golf opening party
Feb 2nd, 3rd Course open to public
Feb 3rd after party and awards presentation
How to Submit
Send a brief description of your design concept to Golf@DowntownSantaCruz.com. include the following:
- Any special space requirements, or specific space requests (need 40 foot ceiling, would love a waterfall, etc. – We can’t promise we can accommodate all of your wishes, but it will help us to know what they are.)
- Provide a little bit of background as to your ability (or your team’s ability) to pull this off. (related experience, special skills, etc)
- Attach any sketches or other visuals that will help illustrate your brilliance.
The Fine Print.
- Load in time will be limited and will vary depending on location. Consider how your work will be assembled in the space and do your best to limit on-site assembly.
- Your hole should be artistically magnificent and clever and fantastic and all of the things that you know you want it to be, but it should also be playable. Leave time in your build plan to test and make adjustments. Ideally your hole should be a par 3, 4 or 5.