Slated to Open in late 2018, Alderwood Santa Cruz is the new, chef-driven restaurant by partner and Chef Jeffrey Wall serving seasonal, coastal, wood-fire cuisine.
Located in downtown Santa Cruz at the former Erik’s Deli location, the space is light and airy with a soft, earth-toned palette featuring bar, dining room, and chefs counter seating. The menu will reflect the abundant growing seasons and the best regional purveyors, with the menu focusing on oysters, fish, and aged beef. Each dish prepared with attention to ingredients, and guests by talented people who are positively wild about what they do.
About the Concept
Daily changing menu featuring local and organic goods. Everything prepared in house.
· Raw fish
· Composed vegetable dishes
· Aged steaks, and larger format roasts
· Fresh breads and pasta
· Composed pastries, including petite fours
· Oyster bar with daily happy hour
· Cocktails designed by 5 times James Beard nominated bartender, will change as fresh ingredients dictate
· Wine list heavily featuring natural wines, especially from California
· The dining room:
o 55 seat dining room designed by award-winning architecture firm
o 15 bar seats
o 10 seat Chef’s bar, with a focus on tasting menus
o Open Kitchen, wood-fire hearth
o Relaxed neighborhood atmosphere with refined steps of service
Alderwood will be open for happy hour, dinner, and late-night dining.
Alderwood is also hiring a GM, pastry chef, and bartender. Learn more + apply HERE