Are you a fan of Downtown Santa Cruz? Do you love to tell others about the great businesses and events happening? Are you a motivated and skilled marketer who wants to work with a dynamic team promoting Downtown and working to improve and enhance the experience of everyone in the district?
The Downtown Association is looking to hire a Director of Vibrancy and Engagement. This is a full-time position with a semi-flexible schedule. Read on and clink the link at the bottom of this post to apply online. Applications will close when the position is filled.
The Director of Vibrancy and Engagement promotes and celebrates the events, activities, and businesses of the Downtown District and implements placemaking initiatives that enhance the Downtown experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Marketing Committee to establish marketing goals and strategies for Downtown Santa Cruz
- Implement marketing strategies including brand management, digital and traditional marketing, social and mass media, event marketing and coordination, public relations and communications.
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition.
- Manage DowntownSantaCruz.com, including content management, brand alignment, SEO, traffic, analytics, and functionality.
- Coordinate weekly email newsletter content and delivery.
- Analyzes and report on web and social media metrics, including traffic trends, audience behavior, conversion rates, engagement and virality and make adjustments and recommendations to improve results.
- Directly supervise marketing and event interns and ensure requirements of intern programs are met.
- Work with the Membership Coordinator to engage Downtown Association Board and business members in marketing campaigns, promotions, and events.
- Coordinate all aspects of Downtown Association Events.
- Staff a weekly shift at the Downtown information Kiosk.
- 1-3 years of cross-discipline content creation experience: Digital marketing, website editing, Customer Relationship Management, Social etc
- 1-3 years of experience in communications, marketing, public relations
- 1-3 years of experience in event planning and coordination
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Demonstrated writing samples.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and work effectively both independently as well as within a team under limited supervision
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Project management experience a plus
- Graphic Design skills are a plus
- Video editing skills are a plus
- Proficient in all social platforms, reporting and management tools
- WordPress experience is a plus
- Experience with Google suite applications is a plus
This position requires a combination of sitting, standing, moving around the Downtown area, some light lifting.
$15.00 per hour – Growth and advancement potential.